- Category: Medical
- Updated: 21 December 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blue Whale Web Solutions, Inc.
Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS APP NOW PLEASE DO SO VIA THIS LINK -iTunes
Blue Whale App Development rolled out what I believe is the natural follow up to their Speech Therapy for Apraxia app. The first Speech Therapy for Apraxia used syllables to work on phoneme production and oral motor planning skills. The new app titled Speech Therapy for Apraxia-Words works on the same skills as its predecessor but uses words in place of syllables.
DescriptionSpeech Therapy for Apraxia-Words is a convenient, effective tool for:
• children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
• adults with apraxia
• use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
• can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app practices articulation at the word level and is a logical follow-up to the original syllable-based app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia. This newer version provides choices of different patterns of articulation within words and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. It begins at the production of single words with easier patterns of articulation and progresses through increasingly more difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random words.Features
• Choose from 9 different word groups to target.
• Words are categorized according to place of articulation of the phonemes and pattern of articulation within the word.
• For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
• Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate word group and practice level.
• Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
• Illustration and audio provided for each word.
• Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
• Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular types of phonemes.
What I Like About This App
- Great instructions on how to use that app are present.
- Can also be used in articulation therapy.
- The illustrations and pictures enhance the app instead of distract the user from the tasks.
- Great auditory modelling is built into the app
What I Would Like To See Added In Future Updates
- The ability to collect data on multiple users.
Is This App Appropriate For Students with Special Needs?
This is a great app for speech language pathologists to work with individuals with apraxia. It also would be a great tool for SLPs to introduce to parents and clients so individuals with apraxia can do additional work on days they do not attend speech therapy. The low cost makes it an affordable tool for everyone. Blue Whale has rolled out another high quality, low priced app.
More information about the Speech Therapy for Apraxia-Words can be viewed by clicking on the following links:
WE HAVE FOUR COPIES OF THIS APP TO GIVEAWAY. PLEASE ENTER VIA THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW.
a Rafflecopter giveaway